Superb Opportunity for a Systems or Electrical Technologist
Tannery Creek Systems is a small but rapidly growing Canadian technology company specializing in automation equipment for the multi-billion dollar parking industry. Our rugged mobile equipment uses state of the art image processing, GPS, real time software and tough mechanical components. Our software environment is Windows 7 & 10 and Android. Development language is principally Java with some in C++.
Located near Toronto, Tannery is looking for a smart, knowledgeable and nimble systems engineer or technologist to help us develop new and improve current products. The ideal candidate will help our company grow, be an influential voice and rise in responsibility with expanding business and responsibilities.
This role is very eclectic and involves field work, applied engineering, hands on prototyping, field testing and some knowledge of automotive. It is not just a desk job!
Works closely with other lead engineers, participates in full cycle development and support including:
- Elementary electronic and mechanical design
- Java application and test software
- System verification
- Sourcing of components
- Component evaluation and testing (e.g. performance)
- Assembly, field installation
- Customer support
Critical Attributes and Experience:
- Participates actively in development including planning, scheduling, status updates
- Full cycle design, develop, test and support
- Works in teams, is dependable to other members
- Is comfortable with interacting with customers in a support or installation role
- Positive attitude, initiates action and requires minimal supervision
- Innovative and resourceful
- Comfortable within smaller company environment
- Minimum 3 year diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology (with significant weight in computer technology)
- CET or EIT designation or P.Eng. eligible.
- Four years of experience desirable
Start date is immediate. Competitive salary and benefits.
Successful candidates will be asked to perform a technology skills quiz to assess abilities. Reply in confidence (include resume) to: